Skillet Covered Burritos – An easy and delicious one pot weeknight dinner idea!
I love one-pot quick meals especially at this time of year. My family is so busy every night with something, so I really enjoyed this little recipe.
What makes this one so unique is that the burritos are filled with cheese and rest in the meat sauce. Serve it with some rice and beans and dinner is done!
Even my son ate this one minus the green onions and olives, of course. Cheese is definitely his weakness!
Skillet Covered Burritos
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 1b. ground beef
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped green chiles
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 2½ cups shredded cheese ( I used Colby Jack)
- 8 flour tortillas (I prefer burrito size and just trim the ends after rolling)
- Optional: green onions, sour cream
- Suggested Sides: Refried beans, Mexican rice
- Brown ground beef and onions. Drain.
- Stir in cream of mushroom, enchilada sauce, chiles, and milk. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare your tortillas by filling each with shredded cheese and olives and rolling them up. Once meat sauce has simmered, simply nest the burritos in the sauce, carefully rolling it around to get it mostly coated in the sauce while being careful not to let it open up. Place them seam side down in the pan.
- Cover skillet with lid and cook for another 5 minutes. Top with more cheese, olives, and green onions. Cover again and cook until cheese melts.
- Top each serving with sour cream and some more green onions. Enjoy!
Looking for other recipe ideas?