A quick, easy, and hearty one-pot supper filled with ground beef, broccoli, and rice.
So how are you enjoying Fall? We are in full-swing busy school mode down here. Homework has eased up a bit, but we still have enough to keep us busy all afternoon. I’ve started trying to have supper mostly ready by the time I go get the kids unless it is something really easy. I’m recently really into these one-pot rice/beef meals. You might have seen this one. It is by far my most popular recipe on my blog. In only a couple of months, it went crazy on Pinterest. I was so excited that everyone loved such a classic Southern easy dish!
So here I have another version I like to make. I just love Broccoli Rice, and this is sort of a variation of that side dish. It comes together super quick, and you can even make it ahead of time. It would also be great to take to a pot-luck.
There’s no need to cook your rice separately and have another pot to clean either. That, my friends, is a huge bonus!
Been there quite often! You??
Don’t worry about that with this meal. Only ONE pot to clean! Whoop! Whoop!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 tsp beef boullion granules
- 2 cups rice
- 1 lb. frozen cut broccoli
- ½ can mild Rotel
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown beef with onions and garlic. Season with creole seasoning as you start to brown it.
- While meat is browning, mix warm water with boullion granules and let sit.
- Once beef is browned and onions are clear, add boullion mixture, rice, broccoli, and Rotel. Stir.
- Bring it to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Do not lift lid during this time. Stir and check to see if rice is done. If not, add a little more water, cover and cook a little longer.
- Taste and season.
- Top with cheese, cover, and let cheese melt.
Other recipes you might like: