Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi – A wonderful , easy pasta dish that tastes so much like one of Olive Garden’s long-time dishes…
This dish has been one of my favorites to make for a long time…in fact I’ve been making it since I first got to go to Olive Garden a loooong time ago. I loved it so much that I had to learn how to make it. This was back when I was first learning to cook and I don’t think Google was even around. I did find some recipes online for a shrimp scampi and I tweaked that one to create this one. As I’ve learned to cook, I’ve changed the way I make it, and now I bring you my favorite version of it.
The chicken is simply thin-cut chicken breasts cut into thirds. They are dunked in a little seasoned flour and pan-fried for a few minutes. I had to fight off the husband and kids to keep them from eating all the chicken before I could finish the whole meal!
The pasta is creamy and filled with so much flavor from the garlic and peppers. Your house will smell so good!
- 6 THIN cut chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- Seasoned salt or creole seasoning or salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- 12 oz. angel hair
- Boil pasta until al dente.
- Cut chicken breasts into thirds (like tenders).
- Season chicken.
- Place flour in a shallow dish and season with 1 tsp seasoned salt.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large skillet. (I use a cast iron).
- Place chicken in skillet and cook over medium high heat for 4 minutes. Flip and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to skillet.
- Add peppers and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add cream, milk, and parmesan. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and let simmer for 5 minutes. (Do not overcook or veggies will lose their bite).
- Mix in pasta tossing to coat well. Taste to season and serve.
Other recipes you may like: